So James Lipton asks all of his guests the same 10 questions on Inside the Actor’s Studio. Since I will most likely never be on that show and I think they are great questions, here are my answers:
- What is your favorite word? –
Loquacious; it means to talk freely or excessively. I love the sound of it and the way it rolls off the tongue, plus I think in both a positive and negative way it applies to me as a person. I still remember learning it in my Kaplan SAT class and later, casually saying to my mother “Mom, I’m loquacious” to which she responded, “Yes, and apparently paying attention for at least one word during your prep class.” She could never be fooled.
- What is your least favorite word?-
Areola; it is officially defined as, “a ring of color, as around the human nipple.” It is weird to say and the definition almost makes it sound grosser. Strangely, I also hate the word “nipple” but have no negative feelings towards these particular body parts in the physical world. It’s just the words and how they sound out loud… although now, even typing them and thinking them in my head is making me feel yucky.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?- Positive, creative energy. When I am in the company of motivated, high functioning and clever people I feel like I can take on the world. A workplace where everyone contributes and works towards the common goal of a good final product is an incredible thing to find. It is why I have fallen in love with Improv comedy; collaboration combined with trust in your fellow performers to build you up as you will do for them, is the most heart warming, exciting and inspiring rush I have ever felt.
- What turns you off?-
Cantaloupe breath or melon-y fruit salad.
- What is your favorite curse word?-
“Liberal”… Because I was raised by a very left wing mother and an equally extreme right wing father I heard a lot of passionate viewpoints. Once they separated I spent half of my time alone at my dad’s and I only ever heard the word “liberal” in context of them being the worst. One day my mother referred to herself as one and I became very upset, telling her I loved her and she should never say bad words about herself. Her all knowing response: “Ugh, your father…”
- What sound or noise do you love?-
My dog makes what I call “happy grunts” which are just long winded groans that she makes constantly when she is happy. This means she is grunting a majority of the time.
- What sound or noise do you hate?-
Other people clipping their nails. I have no issue with the noise for my own clippings though.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?-
Pickle maker. Or if that isn’t a real thing the job I dreamed of my entire childhood was becoming the Sea Lion trainer at the aquarium. It combines all my favorite things: animals, learning, performing and plate glass between me and children.
- What profession would you not like to do?-
Owner of a daycare… unless there could be plate glass.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?-
“I really think poop jokes are funny too”
1 thought on “Inside the Actor’s Studio: Samantha”
Samantha – Love this post! Didn’t see any typos. I never cease to be amazed at your endless supply of clever ideas.
I can’t seem to be able to write comments at the end of the post. I’ll try to figure it out at a better time of day. Love you. Grandma