1. I’m weird- When no one is around to hold you accountable for normal behavior, things can get pretty wacky. Recently my downstairs neighbors complimented my singing, which is flattering and humiliating all at once because it means they can hear me. A lot. I have full conversations with my pets, eat cold pizza with the fridge door open and much more.
2. Cooking for one is odd- I tend to like to cook enough for a lot of people. Large quantities of food always seem like a great idea because I love leftovers. By the end of the 8th day I’m usually ready to move on to a different dish though. Making Shepard’s Pie for one? Not worth the work, so I make enough for 20 people. I suppose I could make enough for 4 people but I like to go all in with these things.
3. Living alone is friggin’ awesome- For so many reasons:
- Sleeping in the middle of the bed.
- There is always hot water left.
- All the food is mine.
- I can decorate however I choose, even if that means a painting of a cat with a machine gun in my kitchen and a hot pink print of monsters in the living room.
- I can change anywhere.
- Pooping with the door open… so liberating.